Friday, September 7, 2012

Terrariums

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...we went on vacation (which was awesome) and school started (which was crazy stressful) so I've been pretty busy!

I've seen a lot of terrariums on Pinterest though I didn't really fall in love with the look of them until I saw them on tv.  (the show being Baby Daddy if you were wondering {which I thought would be stupid but really I kind of love it!})






 








See how cute they are!!  Well once I saw those I knew I had to make some for myself. 
Unfortunately for me- mine did not come out as cute. But cute enough......




Pros: this craft was cheap. and I mean cheap, like $12 cheap- for both terrariums. I looked at a couple of tutorials before I made mine.  What they didn't mention was that this craft isn't as easy as it looks.  I mean on the craft scale this doesn't rank too highly, but I thought this would be easy peasy.  First my layering skills are better when it comes to clothing.
The rocks and the dirt were a pain in the ass- the pictures don't show it so much- but there isn't a defined line of rocks/dirt.  Also my plants were a lot bigger than the opening of my jars (or are they vases?) so there were a few fatalities as I tried to squeeze the succulent plants in!
I like them well enough. I'll see how long they last.  Considering I don't have a green thumb, or the full sun exposure that they need to survive, and they provide a great living space for spiders....
 
<3 Lauren
 
Also if I could redo them I would choose larger glass containers, and add more layers. Like this:
I especially love the last one! And maybe try to find the same glass containers that were in Chelsea Staub Kane's set apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment